D'oh!

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 11 22:53:37 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

>On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 02:05:50PM -0500, chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org wrote:
>

>>Wouldn't that mean I can't have a LAN address as well? We have on eprinter
>>attached to one computer and the other three computers need to print to it.
>>

>You should draw a diagram of what is connected to what.  See my other
>email.  It is getting a bit confusing.

Sorry, though I'm reluctant to draw a diagram (in a text editor then cut
& pasted into an email?). Everytime I try to make an email pretty (like,
say, tabbing entries in fstab lines so it is readable), it gets tossed
around by the mail apps until it looks worse. I can't imagine how a
diagram would come out - though I've seen people post good diagrams. Do
you guys cut & paste stuff made in vi or what? What about wrapping -
does that have to be played with? And, no, I don't know what I'm talking
about...

I have four computers:
cpc (connected by usb to a printer which is shared),
ppc,
dpc, and
bpc.

All four computers are attached to a router. The router is attached to
the cable modem. The cable modem is attached to, well, the Internet.
That's it. ppc, ppc, and bpc all print (vian cups) to cpc's printer.

Chris