gtkpod on ubuntu

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 11 02:48:17 UTC 2007

Jamon Camisso writes:

> On December 10, 2007 06:44:53 pm chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org wrote:
>> JoeHill writes:
>> >
>> > Told ya it wouldn't be long, just saw this on #gtkpod :-)
>> >
>> > Add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
>> >
>> > deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ipod-touch/ubuntu gutsy main
>> >
>> > then:
>> >
>> > sudo apt-get update
>> >
>> > then install libgpod3 and gtkpod, you should be golden.
>>
>> Okay, I did all of that. The songs that are on the iPod are showing
>> up in gtkpod, but trying to save an .ogg to the iPod I get:
>>
>> Conversion of Track2 failed:
>> '/usr/share/gtkpod/scripts/convert-ogg2mp3.sh' returned exit status
>> 4.
>>
>> Am I still missing some library or whatnot? I'm suing ubuntu 7.10.
>
> I sent a message about installing vorbis-tools, which provides the
> oggdec binary, which if missing, will throw that "exit status 4" error.
>
> Try running "which oggdec" and if it does not find anything, install the
> vorbis-tools package.

Yeah, I installed that before I got the error. apt-get install vorbis-tools.
Funny you should mention that. I actually installed it to support an
application called audio-convert.That app is working for me. I noticed that
gtkpod does not have the iPod that is mine - it was called iPod nano 4 GB
video (or close to that) when we did the svn installs (et al) on the fedora
7 machine (before the hard drive died). I probably have to do all that svn
stuff again - no?

Chris