More mindless self promotion.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 10 17:59:38 UTC 2007

--- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 11:52:40AM -0500, Colin
> McGregor wrote:
> > Just to note, the December 2007 issue to "Linux
> Pro
> > Magazine", issue 85 is out at some newsstands in
> the
> > city. On pages 48-50 is my take on re-mastering
> Fedora
> > with the livecd-creator utility.
> >
> > Small disappointment, in the article as submitted,
> > noted some real world issues I had encountered
> with
> > creating live CD-ROM (for a past convention
> Internet
> > lounge and for a local call centre firm) which was
> > edited out of the article when printed (sigh).
> >
> > Oh well, it will still mean a fair number of $$
> U.S.
> > in my pocket.
>
> Do they let you check the article after editing it
> before priting?

No. I have yet to see a publication that offers that
as an option.

I did run into a situation where an article I wrote
for "Linux Journal" was correct when I submitted it,
but a subsequent change to the software I was writing
about made what some of what I had written
inapplicable. At that point the article had not been
published, so I e-mailed the editor, offering to
revise the article. The editor said no, and just stuck
in a disclaimer in the article noting the instructions
were for version X and might not work with other
versions (which was fair enough...).

Colin McGregor