Fun(?) with Google Maps and GTALUG

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 9 14:38:15 UTC 2007

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> I _believe_ this is the URL for it. I have tried setting it so
> that anyone can edit and add entries:
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=106433710083025347918.000440ca2d97d0e92ea8d

Yes this is the URL. Clicking to this URL allow people to view
your map but also to add it to one's "My Maps". So I think once
one click the URL the map become searchable to him/her.

> While I marked the map as public I'm not sure how anyone on
> Google can search for it. Can anyone offer any insight into
> how I make my map searchable at
> http://maps.google.com/ig/directory?synd=mpl&pid=mpl&features=sharedmap,geofeed
> ?

I think same as other searchable site, after Google crawler find
it, the URL will be added. Maybe you can try to add your site to
Google crawler:
http://www.google.com/intl/en/submit_content.html

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo