Fun(?) with Google Maps and GTALUG

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 9 06:39:41 UTC 2007

I thought I'd try to play with the ability to create user-defined maps
in Google.

Given some of the questions here regarding "where are the decent
computer stores in the GTA", I've collected some of the listings and put
them into a Google Map called "Toronto Area Computer Stores".

I _believe_ this is the URL for it. I have tried setting it so that
anyone can edit and add entries:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=106433710083025347918.000440ca2d97d0e92ea8d

While I marked the map as public I'm not sure how anyone on Google can
search for it. Can anyone offer any insight into how I make my map
searchable at
http://maps.google.com/ig/directory?synd=mpl&pid=mpl&features=sharedmap,geofeed
?

FWIW, I've attached a KML file for anyone interested in seeing these
entries in Google Earth.

Any help, suggestions or updates to the map are welcomed.

- Evan