Monitor suddenly dead

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 9 04:44:28 UTC 2007

I have been using a Neovo F-419 for almost 2 year without any
issue.

This morning, without any warning, the monitor failed to wake up
from sleep, is stayed dark. Actually, when I woke up my
computer's monitors, I saw a flash of the correct display
content, then the monitor went dark again. I tried several
things and eventually trying it without connected to the
computer at all (Neovo will display an error box in that case),
but it it consistently flashing up for a moment then going dark.
Seems like the backlight failed to start.

So my question:

1. Is there anything can be done with this monitor? If it can be
repaired, any suggestion where?

2. Any advice on what causing this? Any suggestion on what
should I do to prevent this happening again in the future? The
monitor do connect through a surge protector - albeit an old
one. As far as I know there is no electric discontinuity last
night: all electronic with clocks stays on, and the computer -
which stays on overnight and connected to the same surge
protector - still OK.

Thanks!

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo