soekris n4501 CF images

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 3 18:45:43 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 12:57:07PM -0500, Byron Sonne wrote:
> Software, SVP - I can't afford new hardware :)
>
> I suppose I should just man up and learn to roll my own and PXE boot it
> or whatever the kids are doing nowadays.

PXE is x86 world only as far as I know.  Everyone else was just fine
with bootp/tftp boot.  Of course it appears the soekris is in fact x86
and does in fact PXE boot.

Here is a howto for installing Debian onto one of the soekris models.
Usually a good place to start.

http://roland.entierement.nu/pages/debian-on-soekris-howto.html

If you have a wireless card that has linux support you should even be
able to get that part working.  I didn't know Cisco made wireless cards
for PCs, but you learn something new every day I guess.

--
Len Sorensen