gtkpod on ubuntu

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 3 01:16:02 UTC 2007

JoeHill writes:

> JoeHill wrote:
>
>> chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org wrote:
>>
>> > I don't know whether I'm supposed to go through the whole svn installation
>> > of libgpod (and the other stuff that I did that I can't retrace until I
>> > re-install Thunderbird on and load the saved mail file from backup) or if
>> > the process will be different on ubuntu.
>>
>> Told ya it wouldn't be long, just saw this on #gtkpod :-)
>>
>> Add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
>>
>> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ipod-touch/ubuntu gutsy main
>>
>> then:
>>
>> sudo apt-get update
>>
>> then install libgpod3 and gtkpod
>
> ...maybe Jamon can shed some light on this. Thought I would test this on my
> Ubuntu system and it's kinda weird. I did and apt-get install gtkpod, but it
> did not pull down libgpod3 automatically, even though the version on the PPA I
> linked to says it depends on libgpod3 (has to if it supports new Classic/Nano
> iPods).
>
> I know this PPA is enabled, because if I specifically do an apt-get install
> libgpod3, it works fine. When I do the same for gtkpod, it gets the old
> version, not the one I want. The one thing I notice is that the version from
> ubuntu.com is 0.99.10-2, the version I want is 0.99.10-2~ppa1.

Okay. I'll wait for more information before doing anything else (the line
between troubleshooting and thrashing about is fine, for me). I tried all
your steps and like you, got gtkpod 0.99.10-2, not 0.99.10-2~ppa1. I fired
up gtkpod and tried to an Add File and a Save Changes and got the message:

Conversion of 'Track 2' failed:
'/usr/share/gtkpod/scripts/convert-ogg2mp3.sh' returned exit status 4.

Chris

> --
> JoeHill

<snip>