vi vs Emacs debate live at GTALUG September 11 !!!

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 31 02:40:47 UTC 2007

On 8/30/07, Robert Brockway <robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
>
> >> Isn't ae the canonical editor for Debian?
> >
> >    Isn't it Ubuntu that has a Canonical editor? ;)
> >
> >    If the spots are not all taken, I'll join the pro-Emacs side.
>
> Thanks Chris.  We have 2 for Emacs but no one is standing to defend the
> honour of vi or any of his clones.
>
> If we don't fill the spots shortly I'm going with plan B.  Yeah I have a
> plan B :)

Ahhh, finally!  GNU Nano!  :P

--
Scott Elcomb  [ http://www.psema4.com/ ]

"Our Founders' faith in the viability of representative democracy
rested on their trust in the wisdom of a well-informed citizenry,
their ingenious design for checks and balances, and their belief that
the rule of reason is the natural sovereign of a free people." - Al
Gore (The Assault on Reason, 2008)

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin

'"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting
on its shoes."  - Mark Twain