Toshiba laptops

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 30 16:58:27 UTC 2007

I had a Satellite 5003 which died after 14 months of use due to a poorly
designed cooling system which was unrepairable. I was fortunate to have
purchased an extended warranty, so I was able to replace it with an Acer
at no cost to me. At the time that I was searching out possible
replacements, I saw reports on Tux Mobil that Toshiba uses a funky
method of accessing SATA drives and that this can make installing Linux
difficult to impossible. I wouldn't buy a Toshiba again.

John