OT-Repurposing PDAs

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 30 00:39:51 UTC 2007

> On 8/27/07, Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> The M130 is an old 8MB M68K unit with no MMU, so that there's barely
> anything you can do with Linux on it.  uCLinux on Palm 68K has always
> been a "proof of concept" thing as opposed to actually being terribly
> useful for anything.

Linux has a PDA interface for the m130 running Palm OS. I forgot the name of
it, but you can at least perform seemingly any function that the m130 does. I
still use an m130, and even have a mini keyboard for it. I used it when I had
debian installed, and it had to be downloaded separately.

Of course, this is not repurposing, this is using the palm pilot for its
intended purpose, so I don't know if that is what you want. But at least it
clears the air about the m130 not being useful in linux. I know you meant the
m130s OS, but at least I wanted to clear the air regarding its use under Linux.

Paul