Can't install Gentoo linux on Dell Inspiron 530

E K ekg_ab-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 27 15:29:48 UTC 2007

Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:   I at least have the keyboard functioning properly.  The boot line is

gentoo noapic irqpoll acpi=force

I found this via Google, where someone had a similar problem under Slax.
The busybox shell doesn't have fdisk or lspci.  I want to be able to
run "fdisk -l" and "lspci -v", to find out what exactly the install
sees.

--
Walter Dnes  In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?

I have installed Ubuntu 7.04 on Inpiron 530S. I was not able to get the network card working so I put in a DLink card that Ubuntu recognised. Well, I have to give up the video capabilities and settle for a VESA driver to get it working. That would be a problem if you are using a wide screen monitor and do graphic editing.

EK