Novell OpenOffice for other distros?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 23 15:58:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 10:15:02AM -0400, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> As some of you might know, Novell has been shipping its own version of
> OpenOffice, which includes a number of bug-fixes as well as (claimed)
> significantly improved interoperability with Microsoft file formats
> (both OpenXML and previous).
>
> I' ve been using the Windows version of it instead of the 'official'
> OOo. Apparently they include the Linux version on the free version of
> SuSE as well.
>
> Is anyone here aware of any work to repackage this for other distros?

Well Debian has 2.2.1 in unstable and 2.3.0~oog680m1 in experimental.
They also tend to be good at picking up fixes for OOo, including many
they have come up with themselves.  (I believe debian was the first to
really have OOo working properly for multiple users with a single
installation without having to run the setup program for each user.)

--
Len Sorensen