OT but Tech-related Question

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 17 14:51:56 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 15 August 2007 19:37, Dave Sullivan wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I'm looking into switching Internet and TV service providers, and I've run
> across Look Communications, which provides DSL service and "Wireless TV"
> service.
>
> I'm just wondering, does anyone have any experience with this technology?
> For those who have never heard of it, they have a small frequency range in
> the 2.5GHz band that they use to broadcast digital TV signals from various
> broadcast points, which are connected by fibre to their distribution
> office.
>
> I'm not sure how reliable this service would be, or what the quality would
> be like. Can anyone provide any insight, or anecdotes about Look's
> services? They're very inexpensive and it sounds great.
>
> Thanks!

I am surprised that you didn't get more replies but I am pretty sure Look is
in some stage of bankruptcy. There was a note in the paper recently, they
couldn't find a buyer and who knows what the future holds. I friend worked in
Customer Support and was let go many months ago.

As far as I know they weren't accepting individuals, just business accounts a
few months ago. Now maybe nothing.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can