OT - But Interesting - Wikipedia Sleuth

SlackRat slackrat4Q-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 15 05:24:56 UTC 2007

JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> John McGregor left a post-it on the fridge:
>
>> Oh horror of horrors. Individuals and corporations are exercising their
>> rights to make edits to Wikipedia and as a result it's not very factual
>> anymore. Why is this author (and seemingly many others) so surprised?
>
> Corporations have rights? That's news to me. They're not mentioned in any of
> the great iterations of individual rights that I'm aware of. Anyway...

A good example, indicating that you really have to read _anything_ in
Wikipedia with a heafty dose of scepticism is the fact that Coca Cola
and Pepsi continually edit the Wikipedia entries to mitigate the fact
that they simply fill their Bottles of "Healthy Spring Water" with
filtered Municipal tap water and that in many instances it is in fact
less healthy than the original tap water and that in Britain recently,
Coca Cola's product was actually found to be contaminated and
decidedly unhealthy..

Coca Cola also delete the fact that they paid a hefty fine recently
for running this scam and have rcently, in the fine print, been
disclosing that the source of their Elixir is P.W.S. - which  is Spin
Doctor DoubleSpeak for "Public Water Source", a tactic also employed
by their rival, Pepsi.

http://www.greenbang.com/324/the-big-bottled-water-scam/

The Preamble to the item was merely a continuation of a previous rant
that there's about as much truth in Wikipedia as there is in the BBC
and Fox News broadcasts where the BBC recently Slandered the Queen
with an outright lie and were compelled to issue a grovelling apology
which was not accepted and Her Maj is now tete-a-tete with her
Lawyers, and good old Fox News completely forgot to mention Ron Paul
in their reporting of the IOWA "Straw Poll" where he came 4th. despite
the fact that they mentioned candidates who came 6th. and 7th.

--
SlackRat - No 4Q to Reply
-