LCD monitors

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 12 13:09:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 12:23:35AM -0400, Marc Lijour wrote:
> Do you have the name of the shop, and/or the nearest intersection?
> I checked it out at tigerdirect.ca and it is about 270$.

I am currently looking for something that will do 1920x1200, since I am
moving away from a 21" CRT that does 1600x1200, and I just can't go down
to 1680x1050. :)  The Dell 2407WFP looks nice.

> While you are at it, any recommendation for a good mobo doing RAID1 (and
> Linux -should I mention that?)?

Ignore any mention of raid on a motherboard.  They are all just fake
raid done by the bios and a windows driver.  Much better to just treat
it as a regular sata controller and use md software raid in linux.

There are server boards with real raid built in, but I doubt that is
what you are looking at.

--
Len Sorensen