LCD monitors

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 14 15:23:02 UTC 2007

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

| I am currently looking for something that will do 1920x1200, since I am
| moving away from a 21" CRT that does 1600x1200, and I just can't go down
| to 1680x1050. :)  The Dell 2407WFP looks nice.

The 2407WFP-HC is probably an excellent monitor.  I have the previous
version and am quite happy.  But I don't have lots of other monitors
to compare it with.

Today's entry in the Dell's "10 Days of Deals" is this monitor: $599
  http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477155
  http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=320-5647

This is $50 less than an otherwise good price for this monitor:
  http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474824

So if you know that you want this monitor, buy it today.

LCDs are continuously getting better and cheaper.  But not in a 100%
predictable way.