SElinux help

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 11 19:24:14 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to enable SElinux on a Debian server.  I've followed this
article:
http://wiki.debian.org/SELinux

All goes well in the setup section until step 8.
ettin:~# check-selinux-installation
../proc/1       kernel..
SELinux is not enabled.
The init process (PID 1) is running in an incorrect domain.
Old style ttys were found.
Dynamic motd updating is enabled

SELinux shows not enabled.   However, lilo.conf shows this:
image = /vmlinuz
append = " selinux=1"
initrd = /initrd.img
root = /dev/hdb1
label = debian
read-only

Further:
ettin:~# setenforce 1
setenforce: SELinux is disabled

I noticed at boot time there seems some sort of dump/stack trace related
to SELinux.  Alas, this error is not logged any where.

Can anyone offer any tips?

--
Neil Watson             | Debian Linux
System Administrator    | Uptime  15:18:28 up 15 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.20, 0.23