Linux-friendly hardware (was: LCD monitors)

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 9 19:44:42 UTC 2007

>> Great!
>> Do you have the name of the shop, and/or the nearest intersection?
>> I checked it out at tigerdirect.ca and it is about 270$.
>
> http://www.filtechcomputer.com/
>
> Filtech is on the east side of Spadina just south of College.  Their
> website is fairly poor.  I went there partly because they have a
> better reputation among geeks than any other store on the College
> strip.  But you might want to call: they pulled down what appeared to
> be the last one in the store for me.  That was a week ago though.

Thanks for the tip

>> While you are at it, any recommendation for a good mobo doing RAID1 (and
>> Linux -should I mention that?)?
>
> Sorry, can't help at all on that one.  I haven't bought a new computer
> in four years!

That is also my situation. Given that some hardware vendors were not
famous for being Linux-friendly (in my experience I am thinking of ASUS
and Logitech), I wonder if there has been some changes on the field. Linux
users as a community are gaining in mass. I would hope that will make
things easier for us.
Furthermore, I'd prefer to give some dollars to a vendor that put some
efforts in shipping a Linux-ready product.

Marc