LCD monitors

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 9 11:16:58 UTC 2007

Daniel Armstrong wrote:
> On 8/7/07, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Slightly OT but if anyone is looking for a recommendation: less than a
>> week ago I bought an Acer 2216W 22" widescreen LCD.  It's about as
>> cheap as you can get a 22" monitor at $261, and I like it a lot.
>> Reviews have been good, which is why I chose it, but I'm not sure my
>> review should count for too much given how short a time I've had it.
>> This model is readily available on College Street.  Native resolution
>> is 1680x1050.
>>

> I will second that recommendation... Mine was a Christmas present
> (when they were ~$100 more)... Its my first LCD and is a fantastic
> improvement over my old 17" CRT...

I bought my 1st and only LCD monitor a little over a year ago.  It's a
"refurb" from IBM that didn't cost much more than $100.
It is quite nice to use.  It's a 15", but thats close to the same
dimensions as the usable area of the 17" CRT I used to use.
Another advantage is I can store a lot more junk on top of my firewall
computer, that also supports the monitor.  ;-)