Microsoft for Linux people

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 24 16:31:31 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 12:20:28PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> The idea of going to Microsoft by itself has very
> little appeal to me (...make that zero). I would be
> very happy to continue on with my life centred around
> Linux/FreeBSD. On the other hand on the job front I
> have had far too long, too dry a season, so knowledge
> that will noticeably improve my employment prospects
> is a real interest at this point in my life.
>
> Further IF I am going to take a college or university
> course over the summer, this is something I need to be
> jumping on now...

I have been lucky enough to manage to have jobs involving programing on
linux so far.  At university we used unix systems exclusively (I think
maybe a first year course in pascal was on macs).  Seemed like a great
system to me.  Co-op jobs often involved windows, but what can you do.
Some of them involved unix systems instead which was always much more
pleasant to work with.

--
Len Sorensen