OT: network routing information

Nick Davey ndavey3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 21 22:25:20 UTC 2007

Providers will route to their transit providers based on any number of
reasons, including local policy of whether traffic should be passed to the
best path or the closest exit point, monetary cost, or even load balanced
across several connections. Some providers such as tech savvy even work it
into their packages, paying more for the transit provider that has a better
connection. This statement is far too ambiguous tho:

a provider is telling me that most internet providers route
> traffic via TCP only.

Hope that helps,

Nick