Linksys NSLU2, anyone?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 18 16:54:47 UTC 2007

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

| I thought OpenWRT only ran on the early revisions of the 54GS.  Is the
| WRTSL different than the WRT perhaps?  Is it similar to the WRT54GL in
| being a linux version again?

They haven't produced a nasty cost-reduced version of the WRTSL54GS as far
as I know.  So it is like the old WRT54GS: twice the flash and RAM of
the GL.  I don't know why they didn't make the GL like the old GS and
charged a bit more.

| I think out of those two, the NSLU2 has the better hardware.  And having
| debian support counts for a lot.

OK.  I have no basis to compare.  I haven't read the spec sheets of
either the Intel or Broadcom chips.

| Does soldering bits in the unit count as your kind of hacking?

Not generally my favourite kind, but I have done it (perhaps not in
this millennium).