Will Linux run on an HP m7680n?

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 17 20:48:30 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 12:44, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> Greetings, all.
>

> I could put a machine together but these days but these days I just don't
> really feel like going through the hassle to research all the bits and
> pieces I need and I'm still not sure how much (if any) money I would save
> over buying off the shelf.

Just before Xmas I picked up a Gateway  Athlon 64 - 3600 [Media Center] and
all the the goodies for $399, it is fine with Linux.  A son last month got an
equiv. Emachine computer which also was completely compatible.   Now Factory
Direct may not be convenient to you but there are other houses around with
good deals on surplus computers marked as re-furbed.

$1000 sounds like too much.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can