Display problem

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 29 16:06:30 UTC 2006

Jose wrote:
> I tried it and didn't work, I did go on failsafe mode to check the conf
> file and turned out to be the same, using the trident driver, I checked
> the kernel parameters and the apci was set to off, I changed that on the
> main kernel and now it's working fine. I still have to find out how this
> switch may impact on the performance of the machine tough.
>
> But thanks for the idea

Missing the rest of this thread, but I remove modelines from my
xorg.conf. I usually just specify depth & resolution, and let X figure
it out.Have you tried using VESA instead of trident for your driver? --
perhaps being overly explicit is stopping X from handling things
automatically?

Armchair speculation though, so YMMV.

Jamon