LF laptop for IPCOP firewall

Teddy David Mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 28 04:27:47 UTC 2006

I would like to replace my mid-tower PC that runs IPCOP firewall with a
laptop that has 2 NICs (PCMCIA)
Does anyone know of  (486 at minimum)  laptop that would meet this
requirement?

I am guessing that almost any 486 laptop with CD should work, its just
finding 2 PCMCIA cards of the same type
that "should work." It could be done on a CD-less laptop, but it would
require some disk drive juggling.

I am doing this since a low power laptop should generate a lot less
heat, noise, space and work just as well.

If you have a laptop, please contact me offlist at teddymills aht knet.ca