Why not Linux?

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 2 15:19:40 UTC 2006

On Saturday 02 September 2006 10:57, Rick Tomaschuk wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 14:05 -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> > I have not read Animal Farm I'm afraid, but I do know
>
> Animal Farm is a satirical allegory of Soviet totalitarianism. Major
> events in the book are based on ones from the Soviet Union during the
> Stalin era. (From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_farm ...sorry I
> don't have Encarta)

Well, wikipedia is certainly either not a fully trustfull source of
information.

Was 1984 based on Soviet Union? I doubt that. I doubt also that the Animal
Farm was.

Orwell wrote rather about the possible evolution of the western civilization.
Was he so wrong? In some sense no: 911 is an example.

zb.