MythTV install workshop?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 29 20:14:03 UTC 2006

http://factorydirect.ca/catalog/category_list.php?cat=0810
> but
> they are now $49. Where can the coupon be found, I
> checked this weeks flyer
> - nothing?

There was a coupon in last week's flyer (now expired).
Not sure what to suggest here.

> Can someone explain what is the difference between
> video card and TV tuner?
> Are some cards a combination of video and TV tuner?

A TV tuner card takes a TV signal from
antenna/cable/etc., and turns it into a data that your
PC can understand. The video card take data from your
PC and turns it into something your monitor and/or TV
can deal with.

I am only aware of one well supported under Linux card
that can do both tune a TV signal and put out an
svideo signal that many TVs can deal with, the
Hauppage PVR-350 card (nice card, but a bit
expensive...).