KnoppMyth Install alternative spaces?

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 29 19:21:19 UTC 2006

On 29/10/06, Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> In planning for the KnoppMyth install I originally
> counted on Linuxcaffe as a location. As recent e-mails
> have noted that is not a safe assumption.
HUH ? You can count on linuxcaffe to be available !
I fear you may have mis-interpreted my recent post which was simply to ask;
"what if we had a workshop, and nobody came ?"
not simply to say "five sign-ups or forget it"

> So, I have some e-mail feelers out as to POSSIBLE
> alternate places where this event could be held next
> Saturday, should Linuxcaffe turn out not to be an
> option for us.
Again, linuxcaffe is, and will remain, an option.

> Now, I am very open to other possible locations, so
> both Linuxcafe and the alternates that I have in mind
> not pan out. The ideal location would have:
>
> - Enough space for 5+ people
> - Power for 5+ PCs
> - High speed Internet connection
> - Cable TV connection(s)

As previously stated, we have all but the cable TV, and it's part of
our mission to give you guys a place to do this sort of thing. If you
feel that my desire to have a handful of people express interest
before moving tables around, is out of line, let me know. OTOH, if you
feel strongly that another venue would be preferable, also let me
know.

Still standing by and personally eager to learn more about MythTV.
I've signed up, have you ?

:-D

djp
djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org