Rogers and BitTorrent: another datapoint

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 27 18:43:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 02:09:28PM -0400, Michael MacLeod wrote:
> So let me get this straight... you rate OO languages based on your ability
> to write procedural code in them?

No I just think knowing one language well is useful, so the language
better fit more than one purpose.  Given a lot of things are not done
well in OO, java is not a good tool for many things.  It is too focused
on the current fad in programming languages. :)  Or perhaps java is the
current fad in programming languages.  Programmers are expensive, just
make the customer throw more resources at it to make up for us using
this inefficient high level technology that does everything for us just
inefficiently.  And OO is still a bad fit for a lot of problems.  Java
can't be used unless you make it OO.

--
Len Sorensen