Rogers and BitTorrent: another datapoint

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 26 16:47:59 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:02:45 -0400
Lennart Sorensen got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> Bittorrent does encryption?  How did you do that and is that part of the
> protocol (I have never really looked into how bittorrent's protocol
> works at a low level, only the concept level).

I only know how to do it Azureus, though other clients have this capability. In
Options, you can change your settings under 'Mode' to Intermediate (Beginner is
default), then you can access the transport encryption settings. I use the
highest, and I have not had any problems since (fingers crossed).

Here's some info on other clients and how it works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_protocol_encryption

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046