Sickening shilling for MS by Ontario privacy commissioner

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 23 20:52:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:40:32 -0400
CLIFFORD ILKAY got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> > With the *highly appropriate* title: Linux for Suits
> >
> > Oh joy.
>
> That is the title of the monthly column, not the article. Doc Searls
> is one of the few tech journalists who does a good job of explaining
> FLOSS to business people. I've recommended Linux Journal
> subscriptions to people who don't even run Linux just for that column
> alone. You really should read his articles in back issues of LJ
> before being so dismissive of him. They're available on-line.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be 'dismissive', it's just my experience with people
who wear 'suits' that gives me the willies. Perhaps I should walk a mile in
another man's slacks? Eeeewww. ;)

I know that, as David J. pointed out, we gotta deal with the 'suits' at least on
some level. I just wish everything didn't always seem to come down to who has
the bucks. As I said to David, I really hope that the Internet does not end up
as just one big shopping mall, and that's the sense I'm getting from all of
this.

I am not without hope though, look how far we've come since '94, and for most
of that time there was very little money involved. I'm 38, but I guess I
haven't gotten rid of that idealistic streak, ya know?

Oh, and glad we're not calling each other names anymore :)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046