XMLHttpRequest POST request on Gecko

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 25 01:30:41 UTC 2006

Does it work at all?

There are a few at least people around who may know. I am having problems with
that. Things are OK, working on IE 6 and latest Opera. But Mozilla and
Firefox refuse to handle it properly. As well, I find no problems using GET
on all these browsers (actually, I had some, there are tricky differences not
well documented between them, but I found a way around).

I had no luck to find an explicite example of working JavaScript using method
POST on Gecko.

I suspect rather the problem is on my side. But who knows? It would be
astonishing if POST can not work properly with Mozilla/Firefox. I do not
exclude that though - there are some archived posts on the net about bugs
there that may have not been corrected.

From another hand - when developing by using Ajax interacting with PHP (or
some another server side scripting language) it would be good to have a way
to send  errors (or just output) to log file. There seems to be no easy way
to do that, in case of PHP, am I right? Something like when using perl -
there is a way to print to STDERR . In case of PHP there seems to be no
straitforward way of doing that? Or am I wrong?

I guess this is rather a problem for an eventual private correspondence, not
for the list.

Regards,
zb.