Sickening shilling for MS by Ontario privacy commissioner

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 22 23:48:55 UTC 2006

On Saturday 21 October 2006 13:43, paul sutton wrote:
> who is promting these open standards,  thats our job as users,
> developers etc,  reading this thread anyone would think we are a
> bunch of whingers with no solutions so we have to bash the one
> company who is providing a solution,  because we can't do our job
> properly,  if we did our job properly I am sure people would look
> into more than one soloution,
>
> Where is novell, and the other big names when they are needed,
> (again these are still not canadian companies), MS lead because the
> alternatives are not marketing themselves properly.

I repeat this is not a Microsoft specific solution. Microsoft just
happens to have something implemented in Vista that facilitates this
identity metasystem . There are other solutions, both proprietary and
open, for other operating systems so to characterize Microsoft
as "the one company who is providing a solution" is not accurate.
Ironically the people who become apoplectic at the mere mention of
the word "Microsoft" are the ones who make it seem like Microsoft has
the only solution.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay