Sickening shilling for MS by Ontario privacy commissioner

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 21 22:38:43 UTC 2006

On Saturday 21 October 2006 16:59, JoeHill wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:36:16 -0400
>
> CLIFFORD ILKAY got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:
> > 2. I run KMail on Linux. Why is it that I still receive spam and
> > regularly encounter phishing attempts even though those are
> > supposedly "almost exclusively the result of insecurities
> > inherent in Microsofts products"? Oh yes. It's all Microsoft's
> > fault.
>
> Talk about 'Straw Man', sheesh.
>
> What a silly and spurious argument. If I need to explain to you how
> the spam gets to you, and yes it is Microsoft's fault, then I don't
> know what else to say. I'm inclined to believe you are being a
> little intellectually dishonest here, but just in case:
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,60747,00.html
>
> http://securityfocus.com/columnists/188

Note the dates on those articles. How many ISPs leave port 25 open
these days?

> As far as the other points, you're right, I don't know. For some
> inexplicable reason you are replying to me but attacking David's
> argument.

It's not inexplicable at all. I presumed that since you expressed your
support for his letter to the Privacy Commissioner, you should be
able to defend it as well as he. Agreeing with positions you don't
understand or cannot defend is classic fanboy behaviour.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis Corporation