Dovecot configuration

Pavel Zaitsev pavel-XHBUQMKE58M at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 10 21:14:55 UTC 2006

Here is my config if of any help.

protocols = imaps
listen = [::]
disable_plaintext_auth = yes
default_mail_env = maildir:%h/.maildir
protocol imap {
}

protocol pop3 {
}
auth default {
  mechanisms = plain
  passdb pam {
    args = "*"
  }
  userdb passwd {
  }
  user = root
}
plugin {
}

granted i have installed that with gentoo, openssl integrated. I think
you'd need to generate ssl certificate somewhere, but thats it.

http://homepage.mac.com/pauljlucas/personal/macmini/certs.html

use the google, luke, otherwise :) I found debian setups intros, how-tos
seem to clear up quite a few misunderstandings.
cheers,
pavel.