raggle aggregator

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 9 15:29:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 01:55:19AM -0400, Daniel Armstrong wrote

> 'browser'               => ['/usr/bin/firefox'],
> 'browser_cmd'           => ['${browser}', 'openurl(%s, new-tab)'],

  I believe the 'openurl(%s, new-tab)' syntax has been deprecated.

> How can I make Firefox my default browser for Raggle, and open a
> new tab for every link I select? Thanks for any help!

  I run mutt and slrn in true text-console mode, and have them open up
URLs in Firefox.  I use the {CTRL}{ALT}{Fn} keys to switch back and
forth.  Some of my experience may be relavant.  The command that urlview
passes is...

COMMAND ~/bin/firefoxremote %s

and ~/bin/firefoxremote consists of the lines...

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/firefox ${1}

  You mentioned wanting a new tab.  That's exactly what I want, too.
In Firefox, go to...
  - Edit
  - Preferences
  - Tabs
  - Open links from other applications in
    and then click on "a new tab in the most recent window".

  Don't forget...
  [x] Select new tabs opened from links

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1