raggle aggregator

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 9 05:55:19 UTC 2006

I am trying to setup Raggle - a console news aggregator - to use
Firefox as the external browser for selected web links. I have read
the man page and Googled for more info and it certainly seems
possible, but its confusing over what exactly must be modified in the
config file (~/.raggle/config.rb) to achieve this. I have tried
adding:

# browser options
'browser'               => ['/usr/bin/firefox'],
'browser_cmd'           => ['${browser}', 'openurl(%s, new-tab)'],

...and get this output:

/usr/bin/raggle:3702:in `system': wrong first argument (ArgumentError)
                                                        | Press Q to
exit
        from /usr/bin/raggle:3702:in `open_link'
        from /usr/bin/raggle:2913:in `select_win_item'
        from /usr/bin/raggle:2361:in `select_item'
        from (eval):1:in `_load'
        from /usr/bin/raggle:4313:in `call'
        from /usr/bin/raggle:4313:in `main_loop'
        from /usr/bin/raggle:5661:in `main'
        from /usr/bin/raggle:6674
Thanks for using Raggle!

I have tried several other options as well, but none of them produce
any output whatsoever. The default option for raggle makes use of
lynx, and this does work as expected.

How can I make Firefox my default browser for Raggle, and open a new
tab for every link I select? Thanks for any help!

--
Daniel Wayne Armstrong
:: build it yourself biology      http://biohackery.com ::