Linux in Education

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 1 19:57:14 UTC 2006

On October 1, 2006 03:43 pm, David J Patrick wrote:
> On 9/29/06, Marc Lijour <marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > is there a small group of Linux users from Ontario who would like to
> > gather around some Torontonian food to discuss Open Source PR and
> > advocacy? In the next couple of weeks it would be great.
>
> In perfect coincidence, I have been wanting to round up a meeting
> between some of our more experienced, articulate geeks, and a group of
> local teachers, representatives of the local alternative school and
> the Canadian Teachers Federation. The focus of this little get
> together will be Nigeria, and a project called Operation Overseas. We
> want to assemble a bundle of software and hardware to address a
> pressing need. In the process, the various benefits of Open Source
> will be revealed, as well as introduction to the thriving OSS
> community. If anyone feels they may have something to contribute, come
> on down !
>
> Date; murky ! We'll just have to pick something that has the least
> conflicts and run with it, making notes for those who could not
> attend.
>
> links,
> linuxcaffe calendar  = http://linuxcaffe.ca/event
> related project page/ blog entry =
> http://linuxcaffe.ca/project/indi/nigeria Operation Overseas =
> http://www.ctf-fce.ca/en/default.htm?main.htm CTF =
> http://www.ctf-fce.ca/en/default.htm?main.htm
>
> for this sort of thing we (linuxcaffe) can be very flexible. Pick a
> date and time, and we'll see if the school-types will join us.
>
> djp

Excellent. Thank you for the offers. It is a perfect match.
Is the Tuesday a good day for everybody?

Please add your name at the bottom and/or send me privately a gmail account to
add you to my calendar.
- Marc
- djp? (except Oct. 10 & 17 if I believe http://linuxcaffe.ca/event)
- Scott (thank you for sharing your calendar)