Linux in Education

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 1 19:43:27 UTC 2006

On 9/29/06, Marc Lijour <marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> is there a small group of Linux users from Ontario who would like to gather
> around some Torontonian food to discuss Open Source PR and advocacy?
> In the next couple of weeks it would be great.

In perfect coincidence, I have been wanting to round up a meeting
between some of our more experienced, articulate geeks, and a group of
local teachers, representatives of the local alternative school and
the Canadian Teachers Federation. The focus of this little get
together will be Nigeria, and a project called Operation Overseas. We
want to assemble a bundle of software and hardware to address a
pressing need. In the process, the various benefits of Open Source
will be revealed, as well as introduction to the thriving OSS
community. If anyone feels they may have something to contribute, come
on down !

Date; murky ! We'll just have to pick something that has the least
conflicts and run with it, making notes for those who could not
attend.

links,
linuxcaffe calendar  = http://linuxcaffe.ca/event
related project page/ blog entry = http://linuxcaffe.ca/project/indi/nigeria
Operation Overseas = http://www.ctf-fce.ca/en/default.htm?main.htm
CTF = http://www.ctf-fce.ca/en/default.htm?main.htm

for this sort of thing we (linuxcaffe) can be very flexible. Pick a
date and time, and we'll see if the school-types will join us.

djp

djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
www.linuxcaffe.ca
geek chic and caffe cachet