What to do with .flv files?

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 29 23:56:01 UTC 2006

You're joking, right? all three functions can be replaced with
"`printf %.3d $i`.flv";((++i));

In the spirit of free software, I cleaned up the script.  It's also
attached, since GMail likes to mangle my text.

#!/bin/bash
# This script can be run from anywhere and will output a directory in the
# current folder full of flash files.  If the first argument is -t, it will also
# transcode them all using ffmpeg2theora as a bonus.

CURDIR=`pwd`;
OUTDIR="$CURDIR/CachedFlashFiles";

mkdir -p $OUTDIR;

# change to cache dir by assuming that there's only one directory in the firefox
# dir, but we don't know what it is, so cd to the first directory we can find
# and hope it has a Cache folder in it
for file in ~/.mozilla/firefox/*; do
	if [ -d $file ]; then
		cd $file/Cache || { echo "I screwed up, change to your Cache
directory and run this again for better results.  Press ctrl-c to kill
the script
		now unless you're aready in the desired directory." && sleep 5; }
		break;
	fi;
done

i=1;
for file in *; do
	if echo "`file ${file}`" | grep "Macromedia Flash Video" > /dev/null ; then
		cp ${file} $OUTDIR/"`printf %.3d $i`.flv";
		((++i));
	fi
done

if [ "x-t" == "x$1" ]; then