Looking for Linux World Canada show ideas

John Van Ostrand john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 29 17:37:19 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 11:53 -0500, Colin McGregor wrote:
> The Linux World Canada show (part of the IT360 show)
> is coming up in April 30 - May 2nd 2007.

The show this year is being diluted. It's a combination of Security IT
world, Smalltalk world, network world, data storage world and finally
Linux World. This is why Net Direct will not likely exhibit there this
year. Since we probably won't we will have a 10' pop-up booth available
if you need one. It has a black velcro loop back, lights, etc and we
have a large L I N U X graphic that can go on it. Make any other graphic
you like and attach it with pins or velcro.

They are trying to increase the number of IT decision makers attending.

So what audience do you want to hit and with what message?

Linux enthusiasts: Join TLUG?
IT Decision Makers: Use Linux, it's stable with low TCO? Send your staff
to TLUG?
Security People: Linux is secure? Use Linux security solutions? Come to
TLUG?
Network People: Use Linux firewalls, routers, etc? Come to TLUG?
Storage People: Use Linux? Come to TLUG?
Smalltalk people: Program in Linux? Come to TLUG?

--
John Van Ostrand <john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org>
Net Direct Inc.