Looking for Linux World Canada show ideas

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 29 16:53:45 UTC 2006

The Linux World Canada show (part of the IT360 show)
is coming up in April 30 - May 2nd 2007.

GTALug about to start negotiations regarding getting a
booth, so what would people like to see
at/in/happening regarding the booth?

Keep in mind that we will likely have the following
limitations:

- Limited (but non-zero) budget.
- Limited space (likely 100 square feet).
- No electrical power (if we have power it will have
to come from batteries, or there will have to be an
excellent reason to spend the $$$ the convention
centre demands).
- Food limitations (to give away candy at the last
show we needed a special permit, and all food had to
be nut free, single serving, individually wrapped).
- Height limits, anything over 10' above the floor
requires a $$ permit (so last show our tallest bit was
just over 9 feet tall :-) ). So going above 10 feet is
not totally out of the question, but due to cost we
will need an EXCELLENT reason to do so.

Within the limits like the above we can do interesting
things, but what? I want to hear ideas.

Colin McGregor