Mildly OT: CF Network card ... cheap

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 23 03:16:08 UTC 2006

On 11/22/06, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> My brother is toying with an old iPaq, and one thing that would make
> it a lot more fun to play with is a Compact Flash network card -
> wireless is preferred, but we'd consider wired if the price was right.
>  Anybody know where to locate one of these exotic items in our fine
> city for a reasonable price?  I guess we're looking for something in
> the $20-$40 range, used is fine, preferably at a bricks and mortar
> store or from someone on the list with an extra.  Thanks.

I am also looking for a cf wireless card, and have a list of brands
and models which are known to work with my palmtop.

http://jrandomhacker.info/Sharp_Zaurus_SL-series/accessories#Wireless

When I walked through the Spadina strip briefly, I wasn't really able
to find anyone who had cf wireless cards, letalone what I was looking
for.  Is eBay the best place to shop for these somewhat older models?

Is there a brick-and-mortar shop that carries this sort of stuff,
which is TTC-accssible?

(one day, it'll be the LinuxCaffe)