Upcoming talks

Joseph Kubik shrike-3aB5TwEFUAhAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 22 21:04:44 UTC 2006

On Nov 13, 2006 01:07 PM, Robert Brockway wrote:

>Hi all. Well it's time to arrange talks for December 2006 and beyond.
>All spots are open at the moment. I'd like to trial a tutorial format
>for
>the November 2006 meeting and want to even run a debate for one meeting
>in
>the future. I organised a debate for another user group once and it was
>lot of fun for all involved.
>
>So if you have a burning desire to talk at GTALUG please contact me and
>nominate 2 or 3 preferred dates. For reference here are the next few
>meeting dates:

>Cheers,
>
>Rob
>
>--
>Robert Brockway B.Sc. Phone: +1-905-821-2327
>Senior Technical Consultant Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073
>OpenTrend Solutions Ltd Email: support-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
>Web: www.opentrend.net
>--
>The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

I would be happy to present at TLUG.
1. I am not a revision control expert, but could do some research and
present my findings at a future lecture
2. I could present something with regards to virtualization ( work at
VMware, so may have some bias). I am open to suggestions.
3. I could re-present a tutorial on writing a USB device driver that I
attended at OLS -- this would probably not be a good talk, as it is long
and only of interest to a small set?
4. I could present on using GDB to unwrap core files and debug them --
probably bore most people to death. However the information is very
useful when you do need it.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
-Joseph-