too many phone books!

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 19 19:12:44 UTC 2006

hi,

I've just finally become a cell phone user for the first time.  I have a
cheap motorola phone with bluetooth, the v551 (rogers is the carrier).

For the last little while I've kept my address book in evolution, synced
to my pda through pilot-link.  that works pretty well.  now I'm finding
I have to re-enter all my phone numbers into the phone b/c I have no
idea how to interface it with evolution or, indeed, with my computer at
all.  I assume I just have to somehow get a bluetooth connection and
make them talk, and that this is somehow possible.

I assume that other people have some way of dealing with this situation.
so, is there some way to sync my phone to evolution, and to my pda, in a
manner that won't end up generating all kind of duplicate entries in all
of the above (duplicate entries is my main problem with the pda <-->
evolution setup I already have)?  If someone knows the answer I'd love
to hear it!

thanks as always,
matt

--