too many phone books!

VGS vgs-XzQKRVe1yT0V+D8aMU/kSg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 20 12:41:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a V551 too which I baught from Rogers. After searching around the
net around 2 years back, my conclusion was that a cable+software(windows
only called mobile phone tools. Approx $50 ) was the only way to
interact with the phone. Even after installing the software, I found
that bluetooth would not work . Connection would take place but nothing
else was possible. I had to use the cable. I felt that motorola might
have deliberately messed around with the bluetooth as the software was
available on many p2p sites . It may also be possible that Rogers has
locked it so that the customers are forced to use the built in internet
service to upload/download files instead of bluetooth. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Shinoj.