GPL question

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 8 14:32:30 UTC 2006

Hi Madi,

My understanding is that copyright holders have full authority to
license their copyrighted works as they see fit.  If that's true, then
it means you can authorize anyone to do anything with your code, so
long as you're the only contributor.  If there are other contributors,
you'd need to get their permission to do anything that contravenes the
GPL.

Of course, the best way to get a reliable answer is to talk to a
lawyer.  I think lawyers will usually give you a short period of time
for free, such as 30 minutes or an hour.  Since you really only have
one question, you might be able to get it answered during this pro
bono period.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com