Best Laptop for Linux

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 7 21:20:18 UTC 2006

> You have to configure the nvidia drivers to tell it to use both ports
> and how you want them used.  The Readme for the closed source nvidia
> drivers has quite a bit of information on that.  So far my experience
> even with the windows drivers is that you have to go and tell it to
> enable a port before it happens.

Thanks for the heads-up.  Friday, when I go back into the office, I'll
look into it.

> Certainly nothing so far indicates gentoo will be an improvement.

Gentoo will be an improvement only because I already feel comfortable
administering a Gentoo system whereas Ubuntu is sufficiently different
that I am uncomfortable in that environment.  I'm sure, given enough
time, I could extend my Gentoo-specific knowledge to Ubuntu, but I
bought the new laptop to save me time (the old one was too slow...)
and the tech support that I paid for didn't come to my rescue, thus
the disappointment.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com