Yet more mindless self promotion

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 7 17:17:15 UTC 2006

--- JoeHill <joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 08:20:13 -0500 (EST)
> Colin McGregor got an infinite number of monkeys to
> type out:
>
> > Enjoy.
>
> Any chance that would run on a P4 2.6, 512 DDR, w/
> NVidia GeForce 4 Ti?
>
> Doom 3 is a stretch... :-\

Bottom line is your machine will not run Quake 4 in a
playable fashion. Your CPU is more than fast enough,
you have enough RAM, the problem is your video card. I
started by attempting to play Quake 4 on a machine
with an nVidia GeForce FX 5500, and the screen was
jerky and the game was basicly unplayable. A shift to
a GeForce 6200 and the game became quite playable
(though NOT at the higher screen resolutions). The
NVidia GeForce 4 as I understand it are not quite as
good as the GeForce FX 5500. Now I paid about $60 for
a GeForce 6200 card, so you are not talking big money
to make your machine able to play Quake 4, but you
will need the hardware upgrade.

Colin McGregor